|Pure Vanilla Cookie||Quotes||Gallery|
“ The truth always prevails! „
Pure Vanilla Cookie (Korean: 퓨어바닐라 쿠키, pyueobanilla kuki) is the leader of the five Ancient Heroes and the first playable Ancient Cookie in Cookie Run: Kingdom, released in the first half of the Lost Kingdom update (version 1.3.101) alongside Black Raisin Cookie. He is of the Healing type and his position is prioritized to the Rear. Like the other Ancient Cookies, he is briefly playable in the Prologue.
He is the founder and former king of the Vanilla Kingdom, appearing prominently in the Castle in the Sky and Timeless Kingdom Episodes of World Exploration, though he makes appearances beforehand in flashbacks in Forgotten Academy and Hall of Enlightenment.
"There are not many Cookies on Earthbread who could inspire hope as Pure Vanilla Cookie did. Born from nature-blessed cream and a fragrant vanilla bean, he was the epitome of Cookie kindness and faithfulness. Pure Vanilla Cookie strived to forgive the wrongdoer and heal the wounds of Cookies and animals alike. Though a powerful wielder of magic, he would use his spells not for his own good, but for the good of everyone. The Cookie took an arduous pilgrimage down the Sugar-Free Road. What Pure Vanilla Cookie learned through the Trials is unknown, but crowned with a bright halo of light he returned to found the Vanilla Kingdom, a land of freedom and learning, and a beacon for those seeking love and peace. Pure Vanilla Cookie stood by his friends until the very end, warding off the Darkness with a heartfelt smile."
|"This stone holds a piece of Pure Vanilla Cookie's soul. It radiates with a warm reassuring light."|
|Pure Vanilla Cookie's Soulstones can be acquired in the Kingdom Arena Medal Shop.|
Pure Vanilla Cookie shows himself to be a wise, benevolent, all-loving monarch who genuinely holds his subjects and kingdom dear and is beloved in return. He is seen as the epitome of many virtues. Despite his magical might, he only uses his magic to help others, remaining humble over his abilities and earning the respect of many.
Even towards his supposed arch-nemesis Dark Enchantress Cookie, he remains altruistic and puts effort into convincing her to change her mind. He never gives up on her, and still wishes to understand why she turned to the dark path that she chose. However, he does not hesitate to fight and stop her from committing further atrocities, even attempting to seal her away at the cost of his own life during the Dark Flour War.
In Episode 9, there is a glimpse of his mentality beneath the messianic exterior. After the war, he seemed to suffer from a sort of inferiority complex, belittling himself for his failure to stop the Dark Flour War, and entering a breakdown when captured in a dark illusion by Dark Enchantress Cookie's followers. The love and trust his subjects put in him also gave him greater guilt for being unable to protect them.
During Episodes 7 and 8, it is discovered Pure Vanilla Cookie went to Blueberry Yogurt Academy alongside White Lily Cookie. Despite Pure Vanilla Cookie's magical capabilities, he had more of a rebellious side. He would skip classes to join White Lily Cookie, explaining that they were "boring without [her]." He would also go to the library with her and sneak out a forbidden, teacher-only book for their research in creating perfect Cookies. Unlike White Lily Cookie, he stopped when he felt that they reached the limits of their research, warning her against the ethical borders they'd have to cross to continue it.
- Similar to the prodigal son, Pure Vanilla Cookie started from humble beginnings likely as a shepherd, adopting a kind demeanor and gaining followers, and eventually rising to power and becoming the head of a kingdom with a noteworthy religious following.
- Pure Vanilla Cookie is known for his devout humility, altruism, and forgiving nature as well as his borderline-miraculous light-based healing abilities, all of which are commonly attributed to Jesus Christ.
- Pure Vanilla Cookie has a clear connection to sheep, embracing a Cotton Candy Sheep in one of his overworld special animations and featuring Cream Sheep in the Land of Peace and Healing Decor set, along with habitually toting an (embellished) shepherd's crook and perhaps being a shepherd himself in the past. Jesus is famous for being associated with sheep as well, having shepherds spread the word of his coming and being present for his birth as well as being titled the "Lamb of God." Furthermore, sheep and lambs are strongly associated with Christianity in general.
- A significant part of Pure Vanilla Cookie's story is his pilgrimage through a desert, leading to two landmarks noteworthy enough to have their own Story Mode Episodes. Pilgrimages are very significant aspects of Abrahamic religions, as with the pilgrimage to Mecca in Islam and the pilgrimage to Jerusalem in Christianity and Judaism. The Temptation of Christ from Christianity is also quite similar to Pure Vanilla Cookie's desert journey from his youth.
- The bursts of light correlated with Pure Vanilla Cookie's magic, particularly in his Gacha illustration, resemble common stylizations of the Star of Bethlehem, an icon largely tied to the nativity of Jesus.
- Orchids, a type of flower tied to Pure Vanilla Cookie, often symbolize Jesus Christ. Some species feature speckled petals, which have been compared to the blood of Christ, and there is even a group of orchid species dubbed the crucifix orchids (Genus Epidendrum).
- The Vanilla Kingdom infrastructure (both in its Story Mode depictions and in the Land of Peace and Healing set) seems to take substantial inspiration from church architecture, featuring motifs characteristic to Christian chapels and European architecture in general. The Kingdom features the approximate icon of the Christian cross and the Star of David, marble-like statues depicting reverent, angelic figures, columned arcades amongst wide-open, high-ceilinged spaces, countless uses of stained glass, and more. The Vanilla Kingdom castle also contains a chapel, although it's unclear whether the Vanilla Kingdom followed any specific religion.
Relation to Custard Cookie III
Custard Cookie III and Pure Vanilla Cookie share some notable similarities.
- Both have close ties to the Vanilla Kingdom, with Pure Vanilla Cookie being its founder and king and Custard Cookie III being a royal descendent of it. The two may be directly related; Custard Cookie III explicitly claims this in Episode 9, calling himself "a descendent of the king" and claiming that a depiction of Pure Vanilla must bear a family resemblance to him.
- Custard Cookie III's grandfather, Premier Custard Cream Cookie, is known to have been a prime minister of the Vanilla Kingdom, who knew and was invariably loyal to Pure Vanilla Cookie.
- Similarly, Custard Cookie III longs to be the king of the Vanilla Kingdom much like Pure Vanilla Cookie was. Due to this, Custard Cookie III harbors intense respect for him, holding this opinion long before he even met Pure Vanilla Cookie.
- Custard Cookie III and Pure Vanilla Cookie both are Healing units that default to the Rear position.
- Pure Vanilla Cookie's Love & Peace Skill is functionally identical to Custard Cookie III's Skill, King's Favor as both are Skills that instantly heal team members by a set amount of HP while casting a nonpermanent shield upon them. However, Love & Peace is a much stronger version of King's Favor, as it casts a barrier upon and heals all members of the party for a significant amount of HP, while King's Favor heals a smaller amount of HP on and casts a barrier upon only two members of the party. (The differences in HP restored are due to their Attack stat ranges, with Pure Vanilla Cookie able to reach a higher Attack stat than Custard Cookie III.)
- In Episode 8, Bachalomoth the Dreamer refers to Custard Cookie III as "Yellow Cookie". On the official Kingdom site, the file name for Pure Vanilla Cookie's silhouette asset is "yellowCookie.png".
- In the BOO! Halloween Masquerade Event, Custard Cookie III is seen dressed as Pure Vanilla Cookie (with a few design discrepancies and simplifications) for the Halloween Masquerade in his Honorable Descendant Costume.
- Pure Vanilla Cookie's name is a play on vanilla extract. Pure Vanilla Cookie is more based on vanilla as a general dessert flavor rather than vanilla extract itself; "pure" was likely taken from pure vanilla extract as a play on his honest, good nature.
- According to his unique loading screen, "Whenever Pure Vanilla Cookie opens his eyes, his staff will close its eyes."
- This doesn't seem to be entirely true as his tap animation shows the two with their eyes open at the same time.
- heterochromia iridis, specifically of the complete variant. His left eye is a faded blue and his right eye a pale yellow.
- Pure Vanilla Cookie's eyes being specifically light blue and golden yellow may be based on The Excellent ice cream, Korean brand of vanilla ice cream manufactured by Binggrae Co. that is known for its distinct packaging using the same colors.
- It is implied within the game that Pure Vanilla Cookie may be blind or visually impaired, his eyes commonly seen closed or covered, implicating that he has no need to open them. There is also a Treasure that appears to be his staff, accordingly named the Blind Healer's Staff. This may solely be a nod to his Healer Cookie disguise, in which his eyes are wrapped in bandages just like said staff. However, this has not been fully confirmed.
- The pattern on Pure Vanilla Cookie's ribbons, collar, and hat resemble the texture of a waffle cone, with his hat perhaps being a waffle cone in itself.
- Pure Vanilla Cookie's Vanilla Orchid Staff seems to be sentient, shifting its eye about intelligently in reaction to things around it.
- The Vanilla Orchid Staff can be seen waving along with Pure Vanilla Cookie in his waving animation, using one of its leaves in place of an arm.
- In one of his Healer Cookie sprites, the Vanilla Orchid Staff can be seen lifting its own wrappings with its leaves.
- Vanilla orchids (genus Vanilla) are used both to create many vanilla products and are associated with Pure Vanilla Cookie; this can be seen with his orchid staff, the Vanilla Orchid Garden, and other references to the plant. Fittingly, orchids represent purity, reverence, hope, and dignity.
- The spacing of the points on Pure Vanilla Cookie's hood causes it to resemble the placement of petals on an orchid.
- Pure Vanilla Cookie and White Lily Cookie appear to have been hinted a year prior to Cookie Run: Kingdom's reveal, as shown in Roguefort Cookie's skill background.
- Pure Vanilla Cookie's overworld sprite is noticeably larger than those of most other Cookies.
- When Pure Vanilla Cookie's Japanese voiceover was revealed, the teasers erroneously depicted Milk Cookie while depicting Pure Vanilla Cookie's Japanese name and voice actor. This prompted an apology post and all replies containing the error were replaced with the correct teaser.
- Pure Vanilla Cookie's unique background, set in the Vanilla Kingdom castle, has white lilies displayed on a stand. These could represent his closeness with White Lily Cookie.
- Pure Vanilla Cookie's Gacha sequence features Cookie Run: Kingdom's jingle.
- This also appears in Dark Cacao Cookie's Gacha sequence, however in a more dramatized way.
- Pure Vanilla Cookie's internal name is "cookie0506".
- Pure Vanilla Cookie's English voice actor, Yuri Lowenthal, is best known for voicing Sasuke Uchiha from the Naruto franchise, Dainsleif from Genshin Impact, and Peter Parker/Spider-Man from the PS4/PS5 version of Spider-Man.
- Pure Vanilla Cookie's Japanese voice actress, Maaya Uchida, is best known for voicing Norman from The Promised Neverland, Hiyori Iki from Noragami, and Fischl from Genshin Impact.
- Pure Vanilla Cookie's French voice actor, Benjamin Bollen, is best known for voicing Adrien Agreste/Cat Noir from Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir.