|Dark Enchantress Cookie||Gallery|
“ Do not resist your temptations. „
Dark Enchantress Cookie (Korean: 어둠마녀 쿠키, eo-dum-ma-nyeo kuki) is an NPC and the main antagonist of Cookie Run: Kingdom. She was the catalyst of the Dark Flour War, the great calamity that brought the era of the Ancient Heroes to its end. She is the leading villain in World Exploration, appearing in Stage 8-30 and much of Episode 10.
She is a Legendary Cookie and, as is the case with most other Legendary Cookies, currently not playable. As opposed to the other Legendaries, she is officially classified as a villain. Currently, she is the only Legendary other than Sea Fairy Cookie and Frost Queen Cookie who appears in the game, being actively present in the Prologue and mentioned often in the Episodes thereafter.
"It is said every thousand years all witches from near and far come together for the Night of the Witches. And on that very night, Dark Enchantress Cookie was born. A dose of concentrated dark magic and poisonous scarlet pomegranate syrup gives this Cookie a deliciously evil taste. Since the moment of her creation, Dark Enchantress Cookie was filled with sweet ambition, she brought chaos to the Night of the Witches gathering and escaped, taking with it the secrecies of the witches. But now, after so many years, a dark shadow has emerged, could it be... her?"
Dark Enchantress Cookie serves as the main villain of the Cookie Run universe and poses as a major threat to GingerBrave and company, even managing to overpower The Five. Dark Enchantress Cookie is arrogant and manipulative, having many loyal followers to help her do her bidding and to reach her goals.
Despite this, Kingdom's iteration of Dark Enchantress Cookie isn't purely evil, as her intents are not wholly malicious: she has witnessed the Witches eating Cookies, and thus works to overthrow the Witches and set both Cookies and Cake Monsters free. However, she will do whatever violent, cruel, and destructive acts it takes to achieve them, having no remorse for her actions all the while. Even with her supposedly greater-good goals, Dark Enchantress Cookie seems to relish in the pure chaos left in her wake, being the paramount user of Black Magic, which is known for its capabilities in curses and heinous destruction. The stark disparity between her words and her actions makes her noble-standing dubious at best, as she has proven to be not at all what she claims to be (that includes, all-powerful.).
She is revealed in the Tower of Sweet Chaos cutscenes to be the new identity of White Lily Cookie, born from the Ultimate Dough when White Lily Cookie fell into it and was rebaked, all while refusing to accept her fate as a Cookie to be eaten. Vowing to destroy the world's order, Dark Enchantress Cookie brought chaos to the Night of the Witches, enlisting the Cake Monsters to her side and giving a young Red Velvet Cookie a Cake arm to replace his missing one.
Upon her imprisonment by Pure Vanilla Cookie, a fragment of her past as White Lily Cookie came to life, seeking out her missing memories. This fragment would meet GingerBrave and his friends, and follow them on their quest to stop Dark Enchantress Cookie. Upon their finding of a mystical prison at the end of Episode 8, the fragment would recognize herself as the one being inside it, prompting them to break the prison open - only to free Dark Enchantress Cookie instead.
While she disavows any sympathy for her previous life, she otherwise remembers everything that happened to her as White Lily Cookie, and in turn is recognized by Pure Vanilla Cookie as once being his closest friend.
- The Crimson Badlands decor theme is heavily based on Dark Enchantress Cookie and her design aesthetic.
- Dark Enchantress Cookie may have played a prominent role in Pomegranate Cookie's conversion to evil; While in OvenBreak, it is stated that the darkness overran the former Priestess' homeland, Kingdom seems to lean into Pomegranate Cookie's betrayal being abrupt and uncharacteristic (as quoted by her sisters), suggesting she may have had her visions influenced by Dark Enchantress.
- White Lily Cookie fell into the Ultimate Dough, which resulted into her transforming into Dark Enchantress Cookie.
- In Cookie Run: OvenBreak, it is stated that Dark Enchantress Cookie is related to Matcha Cookie in some way.
- Dark Enchantress Cookie's internal name is "cookie0109".
- Dark Enchantress Cookie's Japanese voice actress, Romi Park, is best known for voicing Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, Temari from Naruto, Hange Zoë from Attack on Titan, and Finn the Human in the Japanese dub of Adventure Time.