This article primarily covers team compositions used in high-tier Kingdom Arena battles, or PvP (player versus player). For the purposes of PvE (player versus environment), any balanced combination of appropriately-levelled Epic Cookies or effective Rare Cookies will get a new player through World Exploration's Story Mode, where progress is primarily gated by power level. Although many of the teams below utilize powerful Cookies that can easily clear through difficult PvE content, these teams should not be considered as optimized for PvE content.
While Old Pilgrim's Scroll is considered the most essential Treasure, Squishy Jelly Watch is the most common second choice, with the third Treasure changing depending on the player's strategy. Certain strategies even forego the Jelly Watch for a more effective Treasure compliment, or to alter the timings of Cookies' Skills in battle.
Caramel Arrow Comp
The mid-update for patch v2.7 has completely changed the meta as people once knew it. Able to completely ignore debuffs while also one-shotting almost any Cookie after applying enough arrows, Caramel Arrow Cookie's total circumvention of all other Ancient/Legendary-centric compositions has forced the whole meta to readjust, leaving most others battered and broken in her wake.
Only Herb Cookie, able to purify nearly all debuffs (including those inflicted by Solemn Judgment, Book of History, and Arrow of Resolution), can give a team any real hope of surviving Caramel Arrow Cookie's Skill activations. However, it requires the proper timing of Sunny Garden or other purifying Treasures to purify the Arrow stacks before Caramel Arrow Cookie can charge — a challenging tactic that be difficult to pull off, especially when enemy players drop Squishy Jelly Watch on purpose in favor of a more deadly Treasure such as Grim-looking Scythe or Librarian's Enchanted Robes. Every other Cookie choice in the team supports Caramel Arrow Cookie via debuffs and healing, potentially chipping off enough HP from enemies for Caramel Arrow Cookie to finish them off.
- Pomegranate Cookie's recent buff allows her to use Pomegranate Magic with much better timing, giving her allies an incredible +30% ATK Up boost before they use their Skills. This also makes Caramel Arrow Cookie's attacks much deadlier and more difficult to survive, especially when paired with the Weakness debuff provided by Eclair Cookie.
- While it isn't as important for a tank facing a Caramel Arrow Cookie to be bulky, it's still vital to have some level of a frontline so that Arrow debuffs aren't applied entirely on Middle and Rear Cookies instead. Even when faced against Herb Cookie, Dark Cacao Cookie's Injury debuffs are an important means of ensuring that enemies lack the HP to survive the next strike.
- Madeleine Cookie also benefits greatly from the Librarian's Enchanted Robes treasure, is sufficiently tanky, and is entirely immune to debuffs while using his skill Commander's Honor, making him an ideal alternative for those who don't have Dark Cacao Cookie.
- With the introduction of Wildberry Cookie from the v3.0 patch, this meta shifting composition gets another powerful tank. His surprisingly quick starting cooldown of 3 seconds allows the team to survive the onslaught from a Cheese Comp or a mirror of the same team, making him the new standard. It is especially beneficial to fight burst teams to accumulate his Wild stacks, as it'll maximize his Wild Punch damage, reaching heights Dark Cacao Cookie and Madeleine Cookie (sometimes) could not.
- Even with a disappointing release, Clotted Cream Cookie has proven himself as a worthy member of many top teams. His buff makes it so he can now deal true damage against cookies, in the same way Sorbet can. His skill Consul's Orders can also knock back any frontline cookies and keep them behind everyone else with his light cage, making him even more deadly toward single tank comps. Along with all his other great aspects, he can deal insane amounts of damage that often out-damage even the legendaries. All of this combined creates a cookie that absolutely deserves his spot in the meta.
Combining Mint Choco Cookie's Battlefield Symphony with the ATK SPD Up buff provided by Librarian's Enchanted Robes can greatly enhance both Madeleine Cookie and Caramel Arrow Cookie's Skill-boosted attacks, creating a barrage of team-piercing attacks that very few teams can survive. Notable for not requiring any Ancient or Legendary Cookies, although any may be added to complement the team.
ATK SPD compositions in the current meta rely heavily on Caramel Arrow Cookie, who ignores many of the threats that had slowly pushing the strategy down over the past few months. While the choice leaves little exploration for previous ATK SPD-centric tactics, even pushing Lilac Cookie down to an optional choice, its effectiveness is without question.
With five Legendaries/Ancients to choose from, but only three allowed in a Kingdom Arena team at a time, it can be a struggle for even high-level players to decide which composition they ought to stick with. Dark Cacao Cookie can be a very impactful addition, his Solemn Judgment Skill landing a host of status effects on enemies ( Injury, ATK Down, DEF Down, and Zapped) that any team can make use of, but also forcing a player to choose between attack power or durability with their remaining spaces. Many teams found in the climb to Masters tier may resemble this composition.
Strawberry Crepe Cookie tends to be the go-to tank to complement either Hollyberry Cookie, Cocoa Cookie, or Dark Cacao Cookie, enabling whatever utility they provide while also making the team more durable. In strategies with room for only a single tank, Dark Cacao Cookie is the most effective choice in the current meta, able to inflict the most damage in the time he has.
Even with his shields potentially nullified, Eclair Cookie makes a strong case for his inclusion with his continuous applications of Weakness, competing between Sea Fairy Cookie and Frost Queen Cookie for space (although all three can be used together to deal an unrivalled amount of damage). Cotton Cookie remains a reliable mainstay, providing both a secondary frontline and a useful amount of healing, and can even be accompanied by the rare Pumpkin Pie Cookie.
- Some teams may opt to use Sorbet Shark Cookie and Pumpkin Pie Cookie as their Middle and Front Cookies in the current meta, stacking them both with DMG Resist Toppings and essentially playing attrition. Combined with Rear Cookies stacked with cooldown, this can form an effective self-purifying line of summons that can beat out enemy teams as the battle goes on.
- Many teams may use Clotted Cream Cookie as a great alternative and possibly replacement for a cookie like Sea Fairy or Frost Queen. His skill Consul's Orders can knock back one frontline cookie and hold them there, especially useful if it's against a single tank comp, along with having the potential to out-damage either of the legendaries.
- Because of the presence of numerous long term debuffs, some teams opt to use Bookseller's Monocle as their third Treasure instead of Sugar Swan's Shining Feather to cleanse the debuffs entirely, although timing these abilities will generally be out of the player's hands.
- This in turn makes Affogato Cookie a potential counter to the Monocle, as his Skill can inflict even greater burst damage if it's Purified.
Tea Knight Comp
This is not a team built for attrition; Tea Knight Cookie and Insignia of the Indomitable Knights only work at their best once the rest of their team has fallen, due to the way Battlemaster works. So instead of building a team to last, build one that can deal the most amount of damage possible before its members get taken down, all while keeping Tea Knight Cookie alive via both Treasures and plenty of DMG Resist. Not only should Tea Knight Cookie be the last Cookie standing, but he'll have enough ATK and ATK SPD to defeat almost any opposing team by himself, no matter how many Cookies they have left.
- Teams will attempt to counter Tea Knight Cookie by relying on either Caramel Arrow Cookie or Sorbet Shark Cookie alongside gradual attrition strategies, ensuring that Tea Knight Cookie is one of the first Cookies to be defeated.
- Some may counter this counterstrategy by putting Tea Knight Cookie in a team filled entirely with weaker underleveled Front Cookies such as Princess Cookie and Avocado Cookie. This ensures that any damage focused on Tea Knight Cookie is likely to take his team down first instead, since they'd all be grouped up in the same area. Teams composed entirely of other Front Cookies work under a similar principle, making it difficult to focus down Tea Knight Cookie before other enemies.
Also known as the Stun Setup, Brave Team, Gingerscam, or Kumiscam, but most commonly referred to as the Cheese Comp.
This subversive team relies on a unified, heavy-hitting burst of attacks and one generally weak yet particularly brave protagonist to take out all of an opposing team at once. GingerBrave's Brave Dash Skill, beating most other Front Cookie Skills in starting cooldown, can knock an enemy's Front Cookies back such that either Kumiho Cookie Somersault or Tiger Lily Cookie Tiger Rider Skills can Charm/ Stun the entire enemy team (provided they have enough extra cooldown to reduce their starting cooldowns and immediately follow up). This provides the perfect opportunity for the DPS Cookies burst down the enemy team in one strike, complemented by Almond Cookie's Almond Handcuffs skill.
The variant using Tiger Lily Cookie allows Almond Cookie to use his Skill prior to the DPS Cookies, ensuring a more decisive round of burst damage while also accommodating almost any choice of Middle Cookies that can take advantage of the window of opportunity.
The variant using Kumiho Cookie can get around an enemy Cocoa Cookie's Stun Immune buff while also applying a -20% DEF Down debuff, charming the enemy team long enough for Frost Queen Cookie's Freezing Squall Skill to detonate after Almond Cookie's Skill is applied; however, it's a combo that requires a lot of confidence in its damage timing, since Almond Cookie can only use his Skill after the DPS Cookies use theirs. Some teams may even forego Almond Cookie entirely and simply use the current meta damage trio of Eclair Cookie, Sea Fairy Cookie, and Frost Queen Cookie, or use the initial set-up simply to further enable Caramel Arrow Cookie.
- Can defeat teams with higher power levels, but may struggle to finish off enemy Cookies that either survive the combo or are revived by Sugar Swan's Shining Feather
- May not work against teams with certain Cookies such as Pumpkin Pie Cookie, Cocoa Cookie, or GingerBrave, depending on the strategy.
- Librarian's Enchanted Robes can increase the ATK SPD of both GingerBrave and his partner Cookie, helping them perform their Skills quicker to outspeed the enemy team's potential counters.
- Kumiho Cookie variants can also use this Treasure to turn Kumiho Cookie into a potent damage-dealer, finishing off a weakened enemy team with quickened team-wide attacks.
- Another strategy is to speed up Cookies whose Skill's starting cooldown finishes charging at the same time as another's, in order to quickly allow one's remaining Cookies to cast their Skills in quicker succession.
Rye Cookie's Final Showdown Skill, which targets the most vulnerable enemy, tends to hit their target just before Almond Cookie Almond Handcuffs Skill lands, allowing a team to deal large amounts of damage to all enemies in a short amount of time. While much more reliant on maximized damage output than Gingerscam, this pair's damage combo is far more difficult to interrupt, and easier to hide in other team compositions without compromising them. On the other hand, DMG Resist on the lowest Health enemy blunts the effectiveness of this combo, especially if granted by Strawberry Crepe Cookie. Lower-tier teams may also add Beet Cookie and/or Vampire Cookie to further focus down a vulnerable target, though that particular strategy lacks long-term viability.
Important: You need to activate Almond Cookie's skill right after Rye Cookie for the team pair to work.
Combining the CRIT% Up buff from Mala Sauce Cookie Spicy Mala Strike Skill with the Grim-looking Scythe allows Twizzly Gummy Cookie and Cream Puff Cookie to reach an ideal amount of CRIT without having to run full CRIT Toppings, allowing them to run ATK Toppings to maximize their output with Twizzly Beam or Jellius Extremus. This also boosts the damage of other hard-hitting Cookies on the team, giving a higher chance of taking out enemies in one shot, all while either getting past shields or healing one's team to boot.
Combining the healing-over-time of both Parfait Cookie's Paru-paru-parfait!★ and Cotton Cookie's A Warm Light Skills can more than make up for the lack of a Healing Cookie while providing other buffs, healing almost twice as much Health as Pure Vanilla Cookie's Skill. While this duo may struggle against burst damage, it will keep the team constantly topped off against anything else it survives, while also getting around Zapped and Frozen debuffs currently in the meta. One can even still add a Healing Cookie to make the team even harder to take down (assuming the remaining two Cookies in the team can both hold the line and take out the enemy side.)
The combination of the ATK SPD Up buff from Pumpkin Pie Cookie Pompon, help! Skill, the ATK Up buff from Cotton Cookie A Warm Light Skill, and Seamstress's Pin Cushion all greatly boost the DPS of summoned units. These, in turn, boost the effectiveness of other summoners like Snow Sugar Cookie and Licorice Cookie, although Pumpkin Pie Cookie and Cotton Cookie's summoned units can often be supportive enough on their own, to the point that a team can even forego having any Front Cookies in its composition.
Dark Choco Cookie and Vampire Cookie is one pair capable of taking down practically any Rear unit in one shot, especially in lower tiers where players are less likely to put DMG Resist Toppings or upgrades on their Rear Cookies. Using Dark Choco Cookie's Sword of Darkness Skill with the Pilgrim's Slingshot for further DEF Down is the perfect setup for utilizing Vampire Cookie and his Vampirism Skill's immense sniping capabilities. This pair can immediately take out opposing units that would otherwise make or break an Arena Battle like or even another Vampire Cookie. For an even more effective snipe setup, adding Pomegranate Cookie can help increase damage done by Vampire Cookie's Skill with the ATK Up provided by her skill. One simply has to be careful not attack backlines that stack DMG Resist, or teams with Sugar Swan's Shining Feather.