Attack Types are certain gameplay mechanics that determine the output of an attack's damage, targeting, or effect.
Damage is an attack type that refers to methods of reducing an enemy's health, each having specific ways of being reduced or ignored.
- Damage dealt that is able to interact with mechanics such as DMG Focus, Damage Reflection, and Damage Link is considered direct.
- Damage dealt that CANNOT interact with the above mechanics is considered indirect.
|Regular damage||Direct||Has no special interactions. DEF and DMG Resist reduces incoming damage.|| Brave Dash|
Don't Come Near!
|Critical damage||Direct||Amplifies regular damage due to CRIT%. CRIT Resist reduces critical damage.||Cheap Shot (guaranteed)|
|Relative damage||Varies||Damage dealt is based on the target's maximum health. Can cause critical damage.||Arrow of Resolution|
|True damage||Varies||Otherwise known as fixed damage. Typically dealt based off the target's maximum health and is impossible to reduce. Cannot cause critical damage.|| Shark Splash|
|Periodic damage||Indirect||Deals damage as time passes. Can cause critical damage. Ignores Shields.|| Burn|
|Reflected damage||Indirect||Damage that is returned to the attacker after being received. Cannot cause critical damage.||Red Velvet Dragon (passive)|
|Linked damage||Indirect||Additional proportional damage that is dealt to linked targets after the main linked target takes damage. Cannot cause critical damage.||Almond Handcuffs|
There is a common misunderstanding between relative damage and true damage, due to how their descriptions are worded. Both damage types have a cap of 300,000 DMG and is dealt based on the target's maximum health. However, relative damage can be mitigated by various sources of damage reduction and deal critical damage, whereas true damage cannot do either (with the exception of Corruption, which can cause critical damage).
Targeting is an attack type that refers to how many, where and/or who the attack will affect (buffing/debuffing included). It is one of the most important aspects in maximizing offensive and defensive tactics. Some skills do not have specific targeting, and are listed in the Area of Effect section.
Focused on a singular specified unit.
Directed at two specified units.
Directed at three specified units.
Directed at more than 3 units.
- Celestial Light
- Ghost Servants
- Bard's Song
- Somersault (while transformed)
- Giant Rice Cake Bunny (healing)
- Cocoa Cookie's regular attack and Cocoa Is Love (healing)
- Pastry Cookie's regular attack and Battle Prayer
- Battlefield Symphony
- Pomegranate Magic
- A Warm Light (healing)
- Love & Peace
- Soaring Compassion
Aims for the nearest enemies at the Front position.
- Brave Dash
- Don't Come Near!
- Royal Swing
- Cavalry Charge
- Purple Tornado
- Somersault (initial attack)
- Noble Sacrifice
- Licorice Servants (summons)
- Tiger Rider
- Shark Splash
- Oath on the Shield
- Pompon, help! (summon)
- A Warm Light (summons)
- Cocoa Is Love
- Arrow of Resolution
- Consul's Orders
- Wolf Squadron
- Paladin Protection
- Might of House Oyster (summons)
Aims for enemies at the Middle.
Aims for enemies at the Rear.
- Hunter's Sense, Final Showdown (attacks lowest max HP)
- Raspberry Reprise, Crunchy Chip Cookie's regular attack (attacks highest ATK)
- King's Favor, Cocoa Cookie's regular attack (heals lowest max HP)
- Crepe Thrust (buffs lowest max HP)
- Almond Handcuffs (debuffs lowest max HP)
- Battle Smithing (buffs highest ATK)
- Book of History, Sweet Scheme (debuffs highest ATK)
- Pompon, help!, A Warm Light, Might of House Oyster (buffs summons)
Area of Effect
Area of effect (AoE) is a term used to indicate an attack that affects multiple targets than just a primary enemy, or does not have a specific-targeting mechanism at all.
Splash area of effect attacks affect an area around the primary target, as well as the secondary targets near them. Typically on ranged attacks.
Point-blank area of effect attacks affect around the user themselves. The area damage is usually attached to them, and will follow their movement.
Ground area of effect attacks are typically constant, and stick to the ground for a certain amount of time. They affect any enemies that move onto the circular area.
Linear area of effect attacks are usually long/wide-ranged skills that damage all enemies in a line, horizontally or vertically.
- Swift Strike
- Unstoppable Tears
- Transformation (while transformed)
- Sword of Darkness
- Crepe Thrust
- Blizzard (summon)
- Mango Juice Wave
- Pompon, help! (initial attack)
- Ink Tentacle Slap
- Cheap Shot
- Shadow Watcher
- Shark Splash
- Jelly Horn
- Chakram Throw
- Sonic's Spin Dash
- Tails' Spin Dash
- Freezing Squall
- Twizzly Beam
- Solemn Judgment